Perhaps it's that I wouldn't be a full-fledged member of generation X if I didn't create a new blog every few years, perhaps it's that I often observe my cousin's latest venture and decide to follow suit, or perhaps it was simply the time and the place to do this. For whatever reason- welcome to my new blog. I may or may not actually be successful at updating it, but I will try to share a few stories from time to time.
I have somehow made it to Thursday of this week- and it feels like a rather remarkable accomplishment. I turned 20 a week and a half ago it would seem- and I think it's the first birthday where I can say it feels different. More accurately, it sounds different. I was a teenager, and now I'm "in my twenties." Still getting used to that...
Life consists mostly of reading, writing, meeting, working... and emailing. Whether it's for work, for fair trade or personal I feel like I live on my email. I entered this year still loving checking my email, and I still do love getting the occasional email from friends and family, but email has definitely become a chore simply by virtue of its volume.
The best part of my week is anything fair trade. I love the idea, the essence and the actualization of fair trade. Mostly I love learning and being engaged in something that no university can grade but every person has cause to contemplate. I am energized by my peers and excited by the movement.
Busy. That's probably the best descriptor of my day-to-day life, but it is good to take some time every so often to step back, listen to some music and just think- perhaps even write. That is what I'm doing tonight and it has been every bit as worthwhile as the 60 pages I could have read in any number of the books on my shelf.
1 comment:
YES.
Post a Comment