Thursday, October 14, 2010

catching up

Is there life after Palestine? This is the question I have been navigating for the past few months. As it turns out, there is indeed quite a lot still going on in my life - I just haven't been very good at blogging about it. I am back in DC, plugging away at finishing my degree at GW. After leaving Jerusalem on July 15, I spent two wonderful weeks in Europe (Germany & Denmark) and then a month back in Iowa - enjoying sweet corn, catching up with friends and family and even watching my brother play in the first football game of the season.

I still miss Jerusalem, but I have really enjoyed seeing friends and family again. I spent the past weekend in Boston at a good friend's wedding and I am so grateful I could be present for the celebration. The latest news from DC is that I got an internship/job at Churches for Middle East Peace! I applied for CMEP's fall internship, but it turns out that they were looking for someone to help plan their board's upcoming trip to the Middle East, so I will also be assisting them with that project. Yesterday was my first day and I am very excited to see what the semester will bring. The office is literally across the street from the US Capitol and Supreme Court - so it's a little surreal! Check out more about CMEP at www.cmep.org.

Below are a few pictures to catch you up on what I've been up to, but you can also view a couple of albums on facebook:
last few weeks in Jerusalem
Europe!

Back in Nebraska - time with cousins!
De-licious Danish food
Wandering windy Copenhagen by myself (and loving it)!
Beautiful Copenhagen
Friends in Germany!
Enjoying German food
Baha'i Gardens in Haifa (during YAGM year-end retreat)
YAGM crew at our farewell

No comments: