I didn't actually forget I have a blog and have in fact sat down and written two posts, but left them incomplete and never returned. I have every intention of sitting here until this one is finished- and I think I will be able to because I'm almost done!! I turned in a 12 page take-home final and a final draft of a research paper this afternoon and it felt so good to finally have both of those in. Now all I have is one final exam next Wednesday and I need to create a resource for my Human Services class that will go to the site I have been volunteering at.
Bear with me... A LOT has happened since I last wrote... A few highlights:
*National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week was November 17-22. My office helps to plan most of the events on campus for the week so I ended up working over 30 hours that week (as opposed to the typical 15)- but it all turned out well so it was a huge relief!
*THANKSGIVING was amazing. Aaron came and visited and we had a really good time wandering around DC and hanging out with my friends. Highlights included Thanksgiving dinner itself (which floored Aaron- so good!), being spies at the Spy Museum and breakfast at Eastern Market. I'll post a few pictures- we took quite a few!
*Thanksgiving was followed by another week I characterized as "the busiest week of my life" (I have labeled almost each successive week as such). Academically I had a paper presentation on Wednesday, a last paper due Thursday and a last test on Thursday as well. To add to the mix, I was helping to plan not one, but TWO events on Wednesday. In the afternoon we had a panel about health care and homelessness in DC that I was planning for work and then that evening was the Fair Trade Coffeehouse. The Coffeehouse is our biggest event of the fall semester and I had put a lot of time into planning it along with others in the fair trade group ssoo it was a very long day. I got very little sleep and relatively few meals that day- but collapsed Thursday night relieved that it had finally come!
I have started listening to Christmas music a lot and can't wait to go home on Thursday. Though the semester has flown by, it is certainly a long time to be out here. I'm really glad that Aaron came and visited and that I got to see Kristina in Seattle- but it has been a long time away from the M
I entered this semester very wary of what it might bring, and to be sure it has been very stressful, but I have learned so much from every aspect of it- classes, work, student organizing and even the stress itself. I won't know for awhile all of my grades for sure, but I am fairly confident that I have made it through the semester with success in academics, work and fair trade. We never know what we can do until we try, right?
OH- speaking of work! I have only catered once this semester (I will again tomorrow), but it was at the Kennedy Center Honors and I saw people like Glenn Close, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman. It was actually fun to cater for once! :)
Happy December, everyone!!
1 comment:
Clint Eastwood too!!?!?!?! Boo boo boo.
Post a Comment